Microneedling with Beauty Boster
Traditionally, vitamin- mineral complexes used to have to be administered by a registered nurse or doctor using multiple tiny injections around the face with a syringe. In a Beauty Booster treatment (performed by an aesthetician), the complex is added to the usual hyaluronic acid gliding medium, and DermaPenned into the skin. Dermapen3™ delivers a controlled injury to the dermis using a rapidly operating cartridge of 12 stainless steel needles, so thousands more micro- channels are made in the skin, which gives this nutritious complex the chance to be much more fully and evenly distributed. The body responds by sending a cascade of collagen and elastin fibres to heal and repair the injured area; remodeling and redensifying the skin over a course of 4 to 6 weeks.
Microneedling is effective at:
- improving the colour and texture of stretchmarks
- softening and improving the appearance of wrinkles,
- smoothing out lines around the mouth area,
- treating uneven pigmentation of the skin,
- reducing the colour and appearance of acne and surgical scar
Based on the area targeted for treatment, we generally recommend a course of sessions for best and lasting results.
Is the treatment painful?
Depending on the type of skin concern being targeted and the settings used on the Dermapen3™ , there can be mild to medium discomfort during the treatment. However, a topical anaesthetic is applied to the skin beforehand to help reduce any feelings of discomfort.
How many treatments are required?
The number of sessions depends on what type of skin concern is being treated. After an initial assessment, we will be able to recommend how many sessions will provide the best outcome for each individual’s skin needs.
What can I expect after the treatment?
In most cases, the skin may look mildly swollen and pink for 1 to 2 days after the treatment; however, with more aggressive treatments, there occasionally may be some slight bruising. We provide specific aftercare advice to each individual in order to maintain the positive effects of the treatment and to avoid any irritation.
- Anyone using blood thinning medications such as Warfarin, large amounts of aspirin / omega oils, should first consult with their doctor before undergoing Dermapen treatment.
- Anyone with a history of or a current breakout of cold sores should get a prescription of Valtrex for use before, during and after treatment.
- Anyone with reduced blood clotting ability/haemophilia should NOT have this treatment.
Book Your Treatment
A more confident and beautiful you.